Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tokyo Daibutsu

January 2, Me and my mom went to the supermarket in morning, Shishi-mai was at the entrance, welcoming customers.



Then we went to Shinto shrine, this shrine is my Ujigami-sama, we did "Hatsumoude"







In my town there is "Tokyo Daibutsu" a BIG Buddha statue. Nara and Kamakura are internationally famous for their "Daibutu" but there is one in Tokyo too! Unfortunately Tokyo Daibutsu is not really known outside of my town, many Japanese people don't even know it exists... although we learnt the Tokyo daibutsu was the third biggest Daibutsu in Japan (not anymore I think), it was told like that only at the schools in my town it seems.



I don't mind it, my mom loves the Tokyo Daibutsu anyway, she says this daibutsu has a nice face and my sister got an idea to visit the Daibutsu for new year, so we went! I don't remember when was the last time I saw this daibutsu, Yes it has got a nice face.



We wished that this year is going to be a good year for everybody!

No comments: